Alana is a Physiotherapist and a certified Yoga instructor with a background in psychology. Integrating these three disciplines, she is able to bring to her patients and clients the practical application and deep appreciation that the mind and body are inextricably linked.
Alana brings these three disciplines together and combines them with a passion for the biopsychosocial approach. This ensures that treatment of patient injury takes place in a holistic manner.
Alana has a strong interest in the practice of yoga. She is a qualified Power Yoga and Kids Yoga Teacher. Her skills and commitment to her students takes place when she teaches Power yoga at Power Yoga Canberra and Xtend Barre.
Alana also teaches Hydrotherapy classes at Capital Hydrotherapy, and provides physiotherapy services to the Aged Care at several aged care facilities in Canberra.
She is currently completing her Masters in Sports Physiotherapy under supervision of Sue Mayers (Australian Ballet Physiotherapist). Later in 2015, Alana will work under supervision of Leanne Rath, Consultant Specialist Physiotherapist for Bangarra and Sydney Dance Company.
Alana has had experience with national, local and grassroots sports teams & dance companies.
- Bangarra Dance Theatre
- Sydney Dance Company
- Australian Women’s Ice Hockey Team (2 world championships)
- The Canberra Roller Derby League
- The Indigenous Marathon Project
- The Jets, Gungahlin AFL team
- ACTAS women’s under 18s soccer
- Taekwondo Nationals
- Women’s Rugby State finals
- Masters of Sports Physiotherapy (Currently studying)
- Graduate Certificate in Sports Physiotherapy
- Masters of Physiotherapy
- Graduate Certificate in Psychology
- Bachelor of Psychology
- Bachelor of Laws
- Power Yoga Certification with Power Living
- Kids Teacher Instructor with Rainbow Kids Yoga